FNAF Review

My thoughts on the new horror film, Five Night at Freddy’s
FNAF+Review

Five Nights at Freddy’s was a lame excuse for a horror film. This new movie was originally created as a game for elementary school kids in 2014 by Scott Cawthon, and it should’ve stayed that way.

The film stars Josh Hutcherson, who plays Mike Schmidt. He’s a security guard who provides for him and his little sister, Abby. Mike is desperate for a job in order to keep custody of his sister, and a nightly security gig at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza lands right in his lap. He’s originally hesitant, but he knows that he needs this job so his sister won’t fall into his greedy Aunt’s hands. 

Mike has flashbacks in his dreams of his little brother, Garrett, who was taken as a young child and never seen again. But his memories become more vivid while on the job. Every night, Mike grasps onto the hope of remembering his killer’s face.

Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza stars four seemingly harmless animatronics, Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Foxy and Bonnie, but little does Mike know, they come alive after midnight. When Mike is forced to bring Abby with him, the animatronics show their likeness of the young girl. With the help of a suspicious police officer who favors the closed down restaurant, Mike must save his sister from the animatronics and who appears to be the same man who took his brother.

This movie had no suspense whatsoever. I didn’t get to enjoy the surprise of finding out the villain’s real identity. It was so obvious when someone was hiding something because they acted so painfully suspicious. It left nothing to the imagination. Other than a couple mild jumpscares, this movie wasn’t all that scary. If you want to see an actual horror film, go watch The Exorcist

Rating: 2/5.