Behind the Camera

Tad Lambert grew up loving film. He wanted to use his love of film and knowledge of it to tell stories and reach different people. 

“In second and third grade, Steven Spielberg was like my idol,” Tad said.

In third grade he would tell everyone, his classmates, teachers and family, that one day he was going to work for Pixar. He knew he wanted to pursue his love of film and storytelling and turn it into a career. 

Over the years, that career choice evolved. He took a journalism class in middle school and begged Jeff Nesselhuf, the former Trailridge computer dimensions and co-journalism teacher, to let him record a basketball game with “a really bad camcorder”. 

Then Tad came to Northwest, took Video Production 1 and went straight into KUGR.

“ stood out in my mind of what I love doing,” Tad said. “And it made me realize that this is actually what I wanted to do.”

On the day of the Eighth Grade Orientation, he got his science teacher to play a Cougar Roundup episode for the eighth graders to see, hoping to recruit some to KUGR.

He knows he wants to work in the film industry and become an executive producer on a film project, but his goal for now is “just to get whatever. I can and work my way up.” 

He plans to start at Chapman University in Orange, Cal, just outside of Los Angeles, to major in and create creative producing at the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. 

“I guess I kind of have always known ,” Tad said, “but over the past few years at Northwest, it’s solidified that.”