Theater Season Announced

NW’s 2022-2023 theater season includes classic comedies and student-written works

Morgan Tate (she/her), co-Copy Editor

On May 21, the 2022-23 theater season was announced at Troupe 888’s Thespian banquet. 

The fall season consists of a lab play and main stage. The lab play is “Crazy Eights,” a series of eight student-written one-acts. It will be staged on Sept. 23 and 24 in the Little Theater. The main stage is “Ghost Hunt” by Brian D. Taylor, the spooky tale of seven teenagers spending the night in a haunted mansion with the goal of catching the ghosts on film. This play will be staged Oct. 27-29 in the Auditorium.

The winter musical is “Once Upon a Mattress.” This classic musical is a twist on the classic tale, “The Princess and the Pea.” The musical concerns the scheming of the king, a minstrel, a jester and two lovers to ensure the marriage of Princess Winnifred and Prince Dauntless against the wishes of the queen. This musical comedy will be staged in the auditorium Feb. 16-18. 

The spring season also consists of a lab play and main stage. The lab play is “A Spaghetti Showcase.” The Introduction to Drama class will perform various scenes and monologues in the newly renovated mall while upperclassmen waiters serve the audience spaghetti. This showcase will be staged March 31. The spring play is “The Rehearsal” by Don Zolidis. A high school is attempting to put on a production of “Guys and Dolls,” but with no guys. It’s up to the cast and crew to find more men and work around the subpar men they have. This play will be staged in the auditorium April 27- 29.