Student spring break photos [Slideshow]

Over Spring Break, students traveled across the country, searching for fun and excitement with their friends and family. From California to Chicago to the Bahamas, here are some of the best pictures submitted to the Passage.

1 Senior Michael Tarne took this picture of the surrounding street and buildings reflecting off a giant, metallic object called Cloud Gate at Millenium Park in Chicago. “I really like big cities, but Kansas City really isn’t that great. I like how you can walk to everything in Chicago because it’s close together. There’s always something going on.

2 Senior Michaela Goins took this picture of two friends horseback riding at an Arizona ranch.

3 A leopard sits in its habitat at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. Photo courtesy of Michael Tarne.

4 City officials dyed the Chicago River green in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. Senior Michael Tarne took this picture of the river flowing through the skyscrapers of downtown Chicago.

5 Juniors Kaiemi Teel and Paige Stevens pose with their dinner waiters aboard Royal Carribbean’s Monarch of the Seas en route to the Bahamas. Photo by Susan Stevens.

6 A valley lies between the Catalina Mountains in Tucson, AZ. Photo courtesy of Michaela Goins.

7 Senior Alec Britt buries junior Emily Chambers up to her neck in the sand dunes of Alamogordo, NM. Photo courtesy of Alec Britt.

8 Seniors Alex Geis, Lisa Imgrund, Loryn Goebel, Laura Konecny, Sierra Trussel and Trisha Brensing traveled to Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado. The girls donned ski clothes in this photo, but Geis braved the mountain chill in his boxers. “It wasn’t even cold because I had the warmth of friends all around me,” Geis said. Photo courtesy of Alex Geis.

9 Senior Hannah Amundson took this picture of two dolphins frolicking in the water while on a dolphin excursion in Cancun, Mexico.

10 While on a Caribbean cruise, juniors Kelle Carver, Paige Stevens and Kaiemi Teel jump for a pose on the beach. Photo by Susan Stevens.

11 Cheerleaders Jami Borel, Jessi Howard and Bailie Phelan took their moves to St. Petersburg, FL, where they formed a pyramid on the beach. Photo courtesy of Bailie Phelan.

12 Seniors Nick Michalski and Bennett Golubski soak in some rays at the beach in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Photo courtesy of Scott Lutz.