No Answer

No Answer

March 19, 2024

Rats with Wings

Rats with Wings

March 19, 2024

Everything’s An Aesthetic

Everything’s An Aesthetic

March 19, 2024

Meet your Match

Meet your Match

March 19, 2024

Anything But This

Anything But This

March 19, 2024

Reaching for the Blue Star

Reaching for the Blue Star

March 19, 2024

Forks Down: Aoyama Ramen

Forks Down: Aoyama Ramen

March 18, 2024

Don’t cry over spilt applesauce

Don’t cry over spilt applesauce

March 18, 2024

Patchy Yet Perfect

Patchy Yet Perfect

March 18, 2024

Embrace

Embrace

March 18, 2024

Boys’ Soccer Season Preview

Monday night the boys soccer team kicked off their season with a 2-1 win over BV at BV West District Stadium.

“Overall I was very happy with the team’s performance,” head coach Todd Boren said. “I thought we created a number of attacking opportunities. We didn’t get on the back end of everything, but for the first game out I thought we did good on the attacking end, we got through the first several times.”

Boren also credits his team’s defense to an overall solid performance.

“We didn’t really allow a lot of shots,” Boren said. “Like always, there is going to be stuff that we need to tighten up on, there’s a lot of stuff that we can obviously improve upon, but for the first game out with the number of new players that we have on the team, I thought all in all it was good.”

After the team’s first scheduled game was cancelled and rescheduled due to inclement weather last Friday, senior Ben Snyder and the rest of his teammates were extra ready to get on the field and play.

“We’ve all worked very hard the past three weeks anxious to play,” Synder said. “The first 10 minutes were pretty messy, but once we got our nerves settled we started passing the ball really well. Our team is heavily built on center-mids with great passing abilities, so that’s what we try to utilize as we play the field.”

During the summer the boys and girls soccer teams had daily workouts both in the weight room as well as out on the soccer field. The boys team also played in an out of town tournament.

“Many of the summer conditioning sessions…focused on fitness so that we would be ready to practice with formation and a ball when the time came around,” Snyder said. “At that point we determined who was best where and started working on chemistry.”

After the team’s next game, they will have a long stretch of practices without any games. Boren will look to condition his team even more as well as build his team’s chemistry.

“With it being so early in the season, we are really just focusing on implementing our system,” Boren said. “We’re having to work all aspects of the system, the offensive side and the defensive side. There are a lot of new players on the varsity team so we’re trying to build chemistry and get everybody on the same page as far as expectations.”

The team will face BV North in their second game of the season tonight at SMAC at 7 pm.