Tate Burns

The full interview with 2021 homecoming court king candidate Tate Burns

Morgan Tate (she/her), Copy Editor

Who were you nominated by?

Photojournalism, Student Council, Cheer, Prom Committee, Sources of Strength and KUGR. 

What are you involved in at Northwest?

KUGR and Student Council.

What is your favorite food?

I mean, you can never go wrong with fried chicken. It’s just so good, isn’t good for you, but it’s so good.

What is the best movie ever made?

Pulp Fiction

What’s your favorite song?

Favorite song is Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. It’s my hype song anytime I’m going to a school event or something that I need to get hyped for. I’m playing that on the way there. 

What is your most used emoji?

My most frequently used is just the classic laugh with tears. 

What’s your biggest fear?

I would say sleep paralysis, because I had it. I used to get it when I was a kid and it was terrifying. The thought of getting it again, really scares me because it was not a good time. 

Who is your hero?  

I would probably say Robin Williams, I think, because he just brings joy to people and kids and just makes everyone really happy around them.

Who has been your most influential teacher?

I would be both of the Dents, like 100%, like from Mrs. Dent just being the most like amazing sponsor for STUCO ever to Mr. Dent, just being an amazing guiding person in my life, who’s helped me figure some things out and push myself to work harder.

If you could say one thing to the rest of the senior class, what would it be?

It would definitely be thank you. Just for, you know, being by my side for four years of high school, going through all this together and staying strong. 

If you could say anything to underclassmen, what would it be?

I would say. It goes fast. So you just have to get out, get involved, do these events, go to the bonfire, go to the games, do everything you can because, like me, you’re going to realize this is .

What will you remember about NW?

The people probably would be my answer to that. Definitely, I will remember so many of the people. Just because there were so many moments, like they left such an impact on me