Influential Seniors: Clark Anderson

Photos by Mikala Compton

Video by Aaron Messick and Davis Millard

Next year’s plan: Attending Johnson County Community College to study Criminal Law or Politics

Career plans: Politician

NW Activities include: KUGR, Theater

What is the most important lesson that you have learned in high school?

You can’t live your life with regrets, so you’ve just got to do what you want. That’s a good lesson, and by being me.

Who inspires you?

I like that Isabel Zacharias girl, she was pretty smart. She had a good outlook on things. Also, there’s a student teacher here, Keaton Vander Hart; we hassle Mr. Vanderhart a lot, but he’s still a great teacher, and he still comes to class every day with a smile. I wish I could have his resilience.

How do you think high school has prepared you for the future?

Well, when I first came to high school I wasn’t a very outgoing person, and by that I mean I didn’t talk to a lot of people, but I don’t know, I think has given me a character.

Is there an activity or an organization that you wish you would have gotten involved with at Northwest?

Student Council, definitely. I always thought StuCo was a group of eight or nine people that met in a room, but that’s actually like 60 people in a room. They have a lot of influence around the school and they make a lot of cool events. And they get booths at lunch; I would want to work at one of those.

What do you want to be remembered for at Northwest?

I don’t know how long I’ll be remembered for, probably not a while, but I just want to be remembered as a guy who was a pretty nice guy. I also want to be pretty memorable for being the student news and as a pretty interesting person. I don’t know if that’s true, but I would like it.

If you could say one more thing to the Class of 2013, what are your final thoughts for them?

I would just like to say, you know how in movies, people are really mean in high school, I thought that was really weird because in this school, there are a lot of nice people. It’s full of a lot of really nice people. Like you know in movies, you see people who play football, they’re always mean to the nerds and stuff, but everybody is really cool at this school.