Influential Senior: Rylee Garrett

2020 graduate Rylee Garrett was voted one of the ten most influential seniors in a poll of the class of 2020

Stella Grist, Copy Editor

How has Northwest changed you?

Northwest has brought so many different kinds of people into my life that I never would have had the opportunity to meet. It is just such a humbling thing to see everyone’s different perspectives and opinions and I like how diverse everything is. It definitely keeps you on your toes. You can’t be in one mindset for too long without meeting someone who thinks you’re wrong or has a different idea.

What will you miss most about Northwest?

The thing that I’ll probably miss most about Northwest is how close most people were at the school. Obviously, not everyone was best friends, but each grade was pretty close and the grades were close with each other. You didn’t have to be best friends with someone to be close with them. Everyone was so connected because we all love Northwest so much and we all share that.

What are you most proud of in high school?

I think that I am probably most proud of the way that I tried to treat people at northwest. I always made an effort to really know people, instead of just kind of being like, “Oh I know your name and I know we go to the same school.” I wanted to actually get to know personalities and stories about others, instead of just being a classmate.

Who would you like to thank?

I would like to thank both of my moms for the way that they brought me up. They always instilled in me to make sure that I don’t judge everyone before i know their story and make real connections with people.

If you could say one thing to the underclassmen, what would it be?

Do not take things for granted ever. You could be walking out of school for spring break and then never get to go back. You never know what’s gonna happen. Take in all the lunch dates you get with your best friends and all the talks you have with your favorite teachers and coaches. You never know when it’s going to be taken away.