Influential Senior: Natalie Hole

2020 graduate Natalie Hole was voted one of the ten most influential seniors in a poll of the class of 2020

Stella Grist, Copy Editor

How have you changed since freshman year?

I have changed positively. When I came in, I was very shy. I only knew, like, three or four people and now I’m lucky enough to have friends in every classroom, friends in every hallway, people that I can go to and just talk honestly with. I was never involved in middle school so now, I’m super involved. I’ve done a complete 180, but it’s obviously all for the best.

What will you miss most about Northwest?

Probably the sense of community. It wasn’t a really really small class, but it wasn’t a really huge class, so every time you walked through the halls, you’d always see at least one person that you knew, whether it was a student or a teacher, that you could smile at and talk to. I know I probably won’t be able to find that anywhere else.

What legacy do you want to leave?

I guess I’d like to leave a legacy of caring. I think a lot of teenagers want to be very cool and edgy and have people think that they don’t care about things, but I think caring about things you’re passionate about, whether they are important or not important at all, is very, very, important. I think I was very passionate about a lot of things at Northwest and that’s what led to my success in high school.

If you could say one thing to the class of 2020, what would it be?

I would say “trust yourself.” That’s it. Period.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

In the future, I picture myself writing speeches for political figures. Working behind the scenes closely with people, getting work done, writing words that inspire people. And a dog, I want a dog. I’ve never had one, so that’s a dream.