Prom court announced at dance

When senior Haley Lynn heard her name announced as Prom Queen on April 16, she couldn’t help but drop her jaw in awe of the moment.

“It was definitely a really crazy moment. My first thought was, ‘Seriously? I won?!’ I never thought in a million years that it would be me,” Lynn said.

Lynn was nominated by varsity drill team. She was also involved in CCC and Shawnee Mission Cotillion. Lynn wasn’t the only one who was excited to hear her name being called.

“I’m pretty sure my parents were more excited than I was, and my friends all told me that I was going to win something, even though I didn’t really believe them. They were so happy for me when I ended up winning,” Lynn said.

Lynn was just as excited for becoming a prom queen candidate as she was receiving the Prom Queen tiara. It was hard for her to believe that that many people wanted her to win.

“Why people voted for me? I have no idea. All I know is that I am so thankful for this opportunity, and I will never take this experience for granted,” Lynn said.

The remainder of the Prom Court included : 1st runner-up senior Chandler Durkee and 2nd runner-up senior Lesley Johnson; Prom King senior Jake Keegan, 1st runner-up senior Alec Kremers and 2nd runner-up senior Jalen Lewis.

McKenzie Baker