Peachwave

As soon as I entered Peachwave at 95th Street and Mission Road, the teenage girl behind the register welcomed me. It was my first time, and I really didn’t have any idea what i was doing. But the girls working behind the counter were more than helpful in assisting me with sample cups and showing me how everything works.

In containers on the wall were about 16 different flavors, each with a self serve, pull down handle, so I could try just a little bit of every flavor I found interesting. From pomegranate to cheesecake and tiramisu, there were plenty of choices and combinations.

After I got my small cardboard cup, I made the decision to go with a fruity theme by choosing pineapple, mango, strawberry and peach.

Once I filled my cup, I headed over to the toppings. With more than 40 different toppings to choose from, you are guaranteed to find something you like. Fresh fruit and candy options are available as well as more unique toppings. Boba balls, tapioca beads that resemble pink fish eggs, are filled with fruity juice and they burst when you bite them. Another interesting topping is mochi, which resembles a white gummy bear in color and texture.

When I was done piling on different fruity toppings, I put my over-filled yogurt cup on the scale to be weighed. At only 33 cents per ounce, I was completely happy with the price, which came out to be around $4.

I then sat down on a neon green bubble chair and completely enjoyed my delicious yogurt. The manager was constantly walking around talking to everyone, asking how their frozen yogurt was.
Peachwave may not be ‘manly’ but the taste is definitely worth it. Peachwave yogurt’s taste is fresh and intense. It’s also low in fat with, with some fat free options. It’s a healthier alternative to ice cream, so even if you do decide to go the sweet route, you don’t have to feel guilty about consuming a ridiculous number of calories.

With plenty of flavors and toppings there is something at Peachwave for everyone.

By Rachael Demjanik