Influential Senior: Erin Henton

2020 graduate Erin Henton was voted one of the ten most influential seniors in a poll of the class of 2020

Emily Alexander, Copy Editor

How has Northwest changed you?

Northwest has helped me grow so much in the last four years. I’ve learned how to rise above challenges and be a leader. It’s helped me develop skills that I’ll continue to use for years to come and has taught me the importance of being a kind and welcoming person.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned?

The biggest lesson I’ve learned in high school is to be yourself. When I was a freshman I was trying to be so many things I wasn’t in order to please others. Later I realized that when I’m being myself I’m the most happy and I make genuine connections with others which is really beneficial.

Who would you like to thank?

There’s so many people I’d like to thank especially since I didn’t really get to say goodbye. I’d like to thank all my teachers throughout my time at Northwest for not only helping me academically but being there for me as a person and supporting me both in and out of school. Specifically, I’d like to thank my journalism teacher, Susan Massy, for not just teaching me about one of my favorite things in the world, photography, but also for being my friend and someone I can really rely on. I’d also like to thank my javelin Coach, Coach Stiegemeier, for teaching how much hard work and discipline can pay off and for creating such a great team environment where I have made such great friends that I hope to have for the rest of my life.

What legacy do you want to leave?

I want my legacy at Northwest to be kindness and compassion as well as immense amounts of laughter and joy.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

In the future I see myself helping people through my work. I plan on becoming a one-on-one and small group therapist and with that I hope to offer support and guidance for those who need it.