Upcoming Events

Bianca Smith and Rory Dungan

January 3: Varsity Basketball

5:30 p.m. (girls) and 7 p.m. (boys) at Shawnee Mission South

Watch the Cougars take on the Raiders in their first game of the new year. The varsity games will be held in the Shawnee Mission South main gym. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for students and free with your student ID.

January 6: Beginning of 3rd Quarter

First day back

Welcome back, students. Enjoy your first day back from break! Be sure to check your schedule for any updated classes.

January 7: Varsity Basketball

5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Olathe Northwest

The Cougars will face off against the Ravens in the Olathe Northwest main gym. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for students and free with your student ID.

January 14: Journalism Showcase

7 p.m. at the Center for Academic Achievement

Journalism students from four of the five Shawnee Mission media programs will be showing off what it takes to create their award- winning publications in a science-fair-like setting. Admission is free.

December 14: Forensics follies

2:45 p.m. in the Library

The advanced competitors will be doing some of their performances to help the beginning forensics competitors understand what they’re doing. There will be cookies and cake as well. Admission is free and spectators are welcome.

January 16: Talent show

7 p.m. in the Greg Parker Auditorium

In the Northwest version of America’s Got Talent, students will sing, dance, tell jokes and more in the Greg Parker Auditorium. The show will last approximately 90 minutes. Tickets will be $5 or free with your student ID.

January 20: Martin Luther King Day

All day

Enjoy your day off! See you Tuesday.

January 22: NW Area Orchestra Festival

7 p.m. in the Main Gym

This concert will showcase the talents of orchestra students from fifth grade to 12th grade from Broken Arrow, Benninghoven, Mill Creek, Shawanoe, Ray Marsh, Trailridge and Northwest. Admission is free with your student ID.

January 23: Drama Showcase

7 p.m. in the Little Theater

Drama students will perform in this annual show. The first act will feature scenes and monologues from both the Drama, Actors’ Studio and the Rep Theatre classes. The second act will be a lip- sync competition, where the audience will vote to decide on the winner. Tickets are $5 or free with your student ID.

January 23: NW Area Band Festival

7 p.m. in the Main Gym

At this show, groups from five elementary school bands, Trailridge and the three high school bands will perform. For the final number of the show, more than 100 instrumentalists will perform in one combined band.