Orchestra Concert Announcement

Elizabeth Kuffour, Staff Writer

Orchestra performs in their first concert of the year this week. The concert will include all of the NW orchestra as well as students from Trailridge MS.

Seventh graders will perform “Frere Jacques,” “Theme from Symphony No. 1” and “Mississippi Reel,” and eighth graders will play “Antagonist” and “Lost Tomb.” Together, the middle school students will perform the world premiere of “Blue Turnips,” composed by NW orchestra director Jeffrey Bishop.

Camerata will play “As Summer Was Just Beginning” and “Escape the Lost City,” while Chamber Orchestra will perform “Ancient Dances and Airs,” “Lullaby’ and “Incantations.” Solos include Cate Steinacker, Becky Lin and Noah Gruman on the violin, Nina Tiger on the viola and Micayla Houser on the cello. The combined orchestras of NW will play “On a Thanksgiving Hymn,” also composed by Bishop.

The concert will be at 7 p.m. Oct. 4 in the Greg Parker Auditorium. Cookies will be offered in the mall after the performances.

About the Writer
Elizabeth Kuffour, Staff Writer

Hi! I’m Elizabeth Kuffour, a first-year staff writer and co-social media manager for the NW Passage and a sophomore at Northwest. Being a student journalist gives me the privilege of meeting and learning more about my peers and being a part of the journalism family. Outside of newspaper, I am a part of the Cougar Classics varsity dance team and student council as a representative for the class of 2021. Beyond school, I am a serious and dedicated dancer, training at Miller Marley School of Dance and Voice. I hope to one day dance professionally, and potentially work in the journalism field.