People to People

Kristine Knutter, a representative from People to People, will hold an an informational meeting to explain the new People to People club at Northwest. The meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the auditorium during seminar. Teachers can contact senior Chris Nel or CCC sponsor Ron Poplau if they would like their class to attend or to allow individual students to attend the meeting.

p2pLogoPeople to People is a foundation started by Dwight D. Eisenhower based on giving students the opportunity for both international education and competition. They also help better students’ leadership skills, and allow for interaction with people around the world.

Various summer programs are available for students of most grade levels who apply for People to People. Destinations include the South Pacific, Europe, and Asia. Canada, Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands, and even Antarctica are available for student travel as well. All trips plan to visit three or more countries in the specified region, and all last about 20 days.

Volleyball, soccer, basketball, and tennis teams are all offered through People to People. All students grades 7-12 are able to apply to play on an international team, and will play in tournaments in Austria this year. Not only will players compete, but will also visit several famous attractions while in Austria and Germany.

Leadership programs are also available through People to People, and are hosted all over America. Students grades 5-12 are able to attend most programs, which bring together influential leaders all over the world. Most programs last around one week, and aim to help prepare those involved for college.

Students also have the opportunity to become Citizen Ambassadors through People to People, and try to make global impact in various subject areas. From agriculture to science and technology, a range of areas is available, and allow students to explore different careers and cultural activities, plus become involved in humanitarian service.

For more information visit People to People’s official website by clicking here.