Now playing at a theater near you

Joy is the story of a family across four generations and the woman who rises to become founder and and matriarch of a power family business dynasty starring Jennifer Lawrence who we might know as Katniss from Hunger Games. This is a  possible Oscar nominee.

Comedy     Rated PG-13

A mild-mannered radio executive competes for the affection of his stepchildren when their freewheeling and freeloading father shows up. This movie stars Will Ferrell who you might recognize from Elf.

Comedy     Rated PG.

After a string of bizarre bank robberies in Southern California, with the crooks donning masks of various former presidents, a federal agent, Johnny Utah infiltrates the suspected gang. But this is no ordinary group of robbers. They’re surfers — led by the charismatic Bodhi  — who are addicted to the rush of thievery. But when Utah falls in love with a female surfer, Tyler, who is close to the gang, it complicates his sense of duty.

Action/Adventure/Thriller     Rated R

While conducting an autopsy on former NFL football player Mike Webster (David Morse who we might recognize from the movie, The Hurt Locker), forensic pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu (Will Smith who was in the Men In Black series) discovers neurological deterioration that is similar to Alzheimer’s disease. Omalu names the disorder chronic traumatic encephalopathy and publishes his findings in a medical journal. As other athletes face the same diagnosis, the crusading doctor embarks on a mission to raise public awareness about the dangers of football-related head trauma.

Drama     Not rated

While racing toward the town of Red Rock in post-Civil War Wyoming, bounty hunter John “The Hangman” Ruth and his fugitive prisoner encounter another bounty hunter and a man who claims to be a sheriff. Hoping to find shelter from a blizzard, the group travels to a stagecoach stopover located on a mountain pass. Greeted there by four strangers, the eight travelers soon learn that they may not make it to their destination after all.

Western     Rated R

While exploring the uncharted wilderness in the 1800s, legendary frontiersman Hugh Glass (Leonardo DiCaprio who we know from Titanic,  and The Wolf On Wall Street) sustains injuries from a brutal bear attack. When his hunting team leaves him for dead, Glass must utilize his survival skills to find a way back home to his beloved family. Grief-stricken and fueled by vengeance, Glass treks through the wintry terrain to track down John Fitzgerald, the former confidant who betrayed and abandoned him.

Action/Adventure/Western/Thriller/Drama/Biographical     Rated R