Day 24: Holiday Movie Marathon

A Christmas Story

It’s nearly Christmas and 9-year-old Ralphie has only one thing on his Christmas list: a Red Ryder Range 200 Shot BB gun. This Christmas classic from 1983, set in the 1940s, focuses around Ralphie’s quest to convince his mom and his teacher why the gun really is the perfect gift for him.How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Originally a book by Dr. Seuss, this Christmas movie follows a very Christmas-spirited town with one not so spirited resident- the Grinch. Everyone in Whoville thinks he is the worst thing ever created except for one, Cindy Lou Who. With Jim Carrey this holiday classic is a must see.National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

This holiday hit stars Chevy Chase and follows the Griswolds as they prepare for a big family celebration. His “traditional” family Christmas soon turns disastrous with many unexpected events and guests.It’s a Wonderful Life

Frank Capra’s timeless story of George Bailey and the town of Bedford Falls tells a story that resonates true no matter what time of year. As George questions the meaningfulness of his life, he comes to realize his true worth.Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas

Join Mickey and the gang in these holidays short stories that reflect on the true meaning of Christmas.Miracle on 34th Street

The wonder of Christmas is on full display as a little girl in New York City tries to convince the adults in her world that the Macy’s Santa is truly St. Nick.The Santa Clause

After a freak accident involving Santa and a slippery roof, Tim Allen’s Scott Calvin reluctantly finds himself designated the new Santa Clause. The movie follows Scott through his year of transition into the big red suit.A Charlie Brown Christmas

Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang learn the true meaning of Christmas as they work to perform their annual Christmas pageant. Filled with catchy songs and dancing, the entire gang will fill you with the holiday spirit.The Polar Express

Originally a literary classic, this new holiday favorite this CGI animated movie follows a young boy and his quest to discover if Santa truly exists. Filled with stunning imagery and thrilling train sequences, this will will interest all ages.Frosty the Snowman

This heartwarming winter tale based on the classic song tells the story of a living snowman and his adventures with a group of school kids. After a top hot brings the snowman to life the kids spend the entire day with him singing catchy tunes, but with a jealous magician this story will delight the hearts of many.A Christmas Carol

Based on the classic story by Charles Dickens, this movie with cutting edge animation tells the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, portrayed by Jim Carrey, and the visits from three different ghosts to teach him a valuable lesson. This holiday classic is sure to teach everyone a little lesson about holiday spirit or just life overall.