Announcements 9-1-15

Lunch today: chicken & waffles OR corn dog
    9-1-15     Announcements
    NW spirit is rockin’ Tuesday today with rock and roll spirit day.    Tomorrow we’ll celebrate our country and our school with USA day.  On Thursday, wear your Bonfire shirt!  Friday is always COUGAR CRAZY DAY!!!!!
    Attention all students:  Friday is Club day. NW clubs will have tables in the mall area from 7am to 7:30 am with information on their organizations, and sign-up sheets for new members. Come early this Friday and see all the NW activities you can be involved in.

Attention sophomores: Starting next week you can purchase a student parking lot permit for your car.  Go next week to the security office in the mall to get information.

Athletics
    This is a reminder to all boys soccer players – you need to pick up your orange eligibility card from Coach Boren in room 120.  Completed Orange Cards are due to Coach Boren before first hour on Friday.
    Come and cheer on your boys varsity soccer team take on Olathe East on Thursday night at 7 at CBACK, Don’t forget to bring all your spirit because you could be chosen as “this weeks” student of the week.
    Clubs:
    The Robotics team will have a meeting today, September 1st, after school. Newcomers are still welcome, so come by Room C to find out more.
    Let’s sing our way into the Woods!  Need help finding or practicing an audition song? Come to our vocal workshop today after school from 3-6 in our choir room.  Want to be even MORE prepared? Come to the vocal mock auditions on Friday September 4th in the auditorium after school, and get feedback from the directors on your performance.  See you there!

Northwest is excited to announce its first Couch to 5K Running club.  We will be meeting MondayWednesday, and Friday at 3:15 for a 30-35 minute walk/run program that will last 9 weeks and end with the 5K Pilgrim Pacer Run at Shawnee Mission Park.  Absolutely NO RUNNING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.  Join us for an informational meeting tomorrow, Wednesday Sept 2, in room 204 at 2:50pm.
    Attention current NHS members, the September meeting tomorrow morning at 7am sharp in the auditorium.  Do not be late.  If you need a refresher regarding the attendance policy, please visit the NWNHS website.  Thanks!

The next Girl Effect meeting will be held after school Thursday in room 204. Come and learn how to help empower on a local and international scale.
    Any Junior or Senior interested in being a part of the Prom committee Exec board, pick up an application in RM 124 or contact Estephany Vasquez or Quinn Bonge. Forms are due this Friday.

Attention all Link crew leaders. All Link leaders need to plan to attend the 45 minute Link leader meeting during seminar on Thursday. Report to your seminar for announcements, then come to the cafeteria for the meeting.  And Link leaders in TOK need to see Wolfe before or after school to get the missed information.