No Answer

No Answer

March 19, 2024

Rats with Wings

Rats with Wings

March 19, 2024

Everything’s An Aesthetic

Everything’s An Aesthetic

March 19, 2024

Meet your Match

Meet your Match

March 19, 2024

Anything But This

Anything But This

March 19, 2024

Reaching for the Blue Star

Reaching for the Blue Star

March 19, 2024

Forks Down: Aoyama Ramen

Forks Down: Aoyama Ramen

March 18, 2024

Don’t cry over spilt applesauce

Don’t cry over spilt applesauce

March 18, 2024

Patchy Yet Perfect

Patchy Yet Perfect

March 18, 2024

Embrace

Embrace

March 18, 2024

Essential Summer Bucket List

We all make them. Whether we jot them on the back of McDonald’s receipts or simply plan them in our minds, we create summer bucket lists as a way to imagine the best possible outcome for our ten weeks of freedom. Some of our ideas are crazy, and some are almost too simple. Regardless of nature, our bucket lists allow us to plan some of the best things to do that become some of our fondest memories. Here are seven things that I think are essential to make any summer, a great summer.

1. Camp Out in Your Backyard

You probably haven’t thought about doing this since you were seven years old, but camping out in your backyard is quite easily one of the best things to do in the summer. It’s easy, safe, and so so fun. Grab a few friends, set up a tent, and spend the night out in the summer breeze talking, eating and enjoying the stars.

1. Hangout With Someone New

During the school year, it can be so easy to simply stick to your own group of friends. We get busy, so it simple for us to hang around the people we are involved in activities with. The summer, on the other hand, is the perfect time to reach out to someone new. Call up an old friend that you haven’t seen in a while or make plans with an acquaintance from a class you took this year. Who knows, you could find a new friend you never thought you’d have.

1. Watch an Entire Series of Movies in One Sitting

One of my favorite things to do in the summer, is sit down with some popcorn and a fuzzy blanket and watch an entire movie or Netflix series. Sure, it sounds highly unproductive, which it is. But, it’s summer, you deserve to be unproductive for once.

1. Watch the Sunset/ Sunrise

Go to Shawnee Mission Park, perch atop the tower, and watch the sunset or the sunrise. It’s calming and fun and a pleasurable experience for everyone involved. This is one of the easiest things to do in the summer, and it can be one of the most enjoyable.

1. Start a New Book Series

Even if you don’t like reading, take a chance on a new book series. You might find you enjoy the characters or the story more than you thought possible. This is a great way to make use of the lazy summer days when you find yourself bored out of your mind.

1. Go to an Art Gallery

Kansas City has a plethora of art galleries to explore and enjoy. Take a few days out of your summer to find a new art gallery with a friend.

1.  Drive-in Movie

If you do nothing else but sit around this summer, go to a Drive- in movie. Drive-in movies are quite possibly my favorite part of every summer. The movies are usually good, the food is mediocre, but the atmosphere is incredible enough to make the experience worth it.