May 11 Announcements

This past weekend Business Professional of America students attended the national BPA meet in Anaheim CA.  Taking top honors were Matthew Owens who finished 3rd in Entrepreneurship and Sam Ryan who placed top ten in Banking and Finance.  Sam Ryan, Nill Patel and Maurice Loridon also received the Ambassador Torch Award which is the highest leadership award given to students meeting criteria in 5 areas of leadership.  Congratulations!

Seniors – pick up your senior checkout sheets during your English class today.  Picked up your sheet and get all the necessary signatures.  These sheets are required to get into graduation practice (and graduation practice is a requirement to take part in Commencement ceremonies).  Seniors who do not have an English class can get their checkout sheet from your counselor.  If questions see Ms. Schaufler or Mr. Giacalone

NON-senior AP and IB ONLY final exam waiver sheets for second semester can be picked up in the office.  They need to be filled out and completed by Thursday May 14th.

Prom pictures and Honors and Awards packets can be picked up in the office

Benninghoven alumni “knights” are invited to a Senior Reception tomorrowTuesday May 12, 2015, 3:15-4:15pm in the Benninghoven Library.

If you are taking advanced video production next year, LISTEN UP. All 2015-2016 KUGR members need to attend a meeting during seminar tomorrow. We will be discussing travel opportunities, summer events, and next year’s program. See Mr. Dent in room 153 for a seminar pass before tomorrow.

A reception for Ray Marsh Seniors will be  May 18 at 3 pm at Ray Marsh Elementary library.

Attention Seniors!  This year’s SMNW graduation celebration will be at PowerPlay on Friday May 22 from 11pm to 2am.  Advance tickets are $20 and will be sold on Friday May 15th, during lunch, and during the Sr Breakfast on the 19th.  You will have unlimited bumper cars, ropes course, cosmic bowling, arcade games and the brand new laser tag room plus there will be an all you can eat buffet until 12:30.

Athletics
    Congratulations to all members who competed Friday at the Shawnee Mission North Relays.  Two relay teams for the boys raced to top three finishes …. Mitchell Hodson, Sam Sullivan, Chandler Bado, and Ian McCabe in the 4  times  400 relay plus Tom Green, Zach St. Clair, Hunter Heindel, and Chandler Bado in the 4  times  800  relay.  Varsity track and field athletes report to the track after school.  Junior Varsity athletes report to the auxiliary gym.

Anyone wanting to run Cross Country in the fall should come to cafeteria 4 at 2:50 this Wednesday, May 13.