Peach Bowl Preview

Peach+Bowl+Preview+

TCU is coming into the bowl game being snubbed in the first College Football Playoff, now their facing a Ole Miss team who might have just had one of their best season in school history. TCU’s only loss was by three points at Baylor. Ole Miss had a great season, beating their rivals Alabama and Mississippi State, and achieving its highest ranking since 1954, which was 4th in the AP Poll. After starting 7-0 the Rebels finished the season 2-3 with close losses to LSU and Auburn and a 30-0 nothing loss to unranked Arkansas. TCU beat the 15 ranked Kansas State Wildcats by 21, Oklahoma in Norman and West Virginia in Morgan Town. Ole Miss quarterback senior Bo Wallace will lead the offense. One of his favorite targets is a Sophomore all SEC Team tight end Evan Engram. Engram at 6’s 227 pounds with sneaky speed ,Engram presents match up problem for linebackers and safeties who line up against him. When Laquon Treadwell got hurt, he stepped up. He also had three 100-yard games this season, all of which against SEC opponents. Ole Miss does not have a high scoring offense but they get enough done with their great defense. Their defense is led by two all SEC corner backs senior CB Senquez Golson and S Cody Prewitt. Golson led the conference with nine interception, one of which was returned for a touchdown. Prewitt a hard hitter finished with 41 tackles and two picks, one of which was returned for a touchdown. This secondary will be tested by Trevone Boykin and his air raid offense. TCU is led by Junior Quarterback Trevonne Boykin who is one of the most versatile quarterbacks in the league the can throw, run and even catch a touchdown.. He can pick up the first down with his arm or legs. Also he can go for trick play that can confuse even the best defense. His weapons are Junior Wide receiver Josh Doctson and Junior Running back Aaron Green. This is a high flying offense that likes to put up tons of points. The TCU defense is led by all Big Twelve Senior Paul Dawson who is perfect example of consistency for the Horned Frogs. He also led the Big 12 in tackles with 128 and also had four interception and a Big 12 best 18.5 tackles for loss. This defense will have to do there best to try to limit Bo Wallace and the Ole Miss offensive. This game will be won with one of the highest coring offense against the lowest allowing defense. This will be good game to watch, but don’t be surprised to see a big game from Bo Wallace as this will be his last game in a Ole Miss uniform. I think that Trevone Boykin will have a big game throwing and running the ball as a duel threat quarterback. If Ole Miss can win there going to have to create turnovers early and keep Boykin contained.

Dees’s Corner

Our insider KSHB sports reporter Dee Jackson ways in on the games and gives his picks . In Atlanta there are Rebels and Horned Frogs for the Peach Bowl. TCU took the intensity all the way to the edge. Almost cracking the first ever collage football playoff with an 11-1 record. Ole Miss is 9-3, but they knocked off instate rivals Mississippi State and Alabama. It may be a long shot, but Ole Miss have nothing to lose and will shock the world.

Predictions 

Matthew

I think Boykin will have a good game, and being snubbed in the playoff will make them more motivated. Ole Miss had a great year by their defense can’t stop TCU offense. TCU wins 42-28.

Cory

I will have to pick Ole Miss in this one. This is their year, they haven’t been the beast in the past but i;m going with my gut. Ole Miss will win 42- 38.[polldaddy poll=8534901]