Theater to perform “Anything Goes”

The cast and crew of the fall musical, Anything Goes, has been preparing for opening night for two months.  This musical takes place on an ocean liner, the S. S. American, and follows the travels of Reno Sweeney, a former evangelist and now a nightclub singer, who is on her way to England from New York. Elizabeth Brooks will star as Reno Sweeney, make this Brooks’ third leading role during her theatre career at Northwest.

“I’m really excited about this show,” junior Marlee Bell said. “It’s a really fun show. The music is fantastic. I think our cast and our crew is really loving. We’re a big family, it’s awesome we all get along really well and its coming together really beautifully. I think this is going to be a great show.”

Anything Goes will open on  Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. for a three-night run in the Greg Parker Auditorium.  Admission is free for students with an activity pass. The general public can purchase the $10 tickets the day of the show or online at www.smnwtheater.com.

Photo By: Nick Kahtava
Senior Elizabeth Brooks sings a number from the musical “Anything Goes” Oct. 31 in the Greg Parker Auditorium. Brooks performs as the lead of Reno Sweeney.
Photo By: Lucas Silva
Senior Kris Geis plays the role of Billy Crocker in Northwest’s musical of “Anything Goes” in the Greg Parker Auditorium on Oct. 31.