Making Amends

Making Amends

Most people often have to go through the difficulties of having to deal with someone they don’t get along with.

We all have that one person we just can’t stand. Everytime we see “that person,” anger boils inside your stomach, and you just want to get away from them. That person can be anyone . That person can be a classmate, teacher or maybe a group of people.

What we don’t understand is that in the future, we will have to deal with those people all the time. When you get a permanent job later in your life, you will have to deal with clients, bosses and co-workers that will make you feel that way. In high school people tend to think that they can say and do whatever they want. You can’t get frustrated with your boss in the future and go off on them; that will inevitably lead to being “let go,” making it even harder to find a new job.

One time I was frustrated with a teacher in school after receiving a bad grade on one of my assignments that I put a lot of effort in and I was extremely upset. I was thinking that I should get a better grade because I did meet requirements of the assignment. I tried my hardest to get a good grade on this assignment because I knew it would help me with the grade I had in that class.

My parents confronted me about my grade in that class. I told them I was frustrated with the teacher because of my grade of that big one assignment which could have helped me with my low grade. I explained to them that everytime I see that teacher I want to just walk out of that class and never deal with her again.

My parents told me that I needed to get used to it. They said to me that in the future I would have to deal with people I don’t like all the time. They explained to me that if I felt that way to a superior of mine and told them what I thought that it wouldn’t do any good for me. It would make them feel angry and fire them on the spot or not give the effort to cooperate.

After thinking back I understand now. I now know that starting with a bad attitude will not solve your problem. My parents were simply trying to tell me that I should have talked to my teacher about my grades and what made me get this grade, instead of complaining to the teacher and acting like a brat.

People should understand that we won’t always get what we want. Even though there are other people you don’t like you should not come off angry or annoyed. You should simply tell them that there is a problem and you want to know how to fix it. Even if it’s a relationship between people.