No Answer

No Answer

March 19, 2024

Rats with Wings

Rats with Wings

March 19, 2024

Everything’s An Aesthetic

Everything’s An Aesthetic

March 19, 2024

Meet your Match

Meet your Match

March 19, 2024

Anything But This

Anything But This

March 19, 2024

Reaching for the Blue Star

Reaching for the Blue Star

March 19, 2024

Forks Down: Aoyama Ramen

Forks Down: Aoyama Ramen

March 18, 2024

Don’t cry over spilt applesauce

Don’t cry over spilt applesauce

March 18, 2024

Patchy Yet Perfect

Patchy Yet Perfect

March 18, 2024

Embrace

Embrace

March 18, 2024

Titanic 3D

photo courtesy of titanicmovie.com

It’s no secret that I am a diehard Titanic fan. I’ve seen the film more times than I could even imagine counting, and I still shed a tear every time. My friends and family repeatedly tell me to get over my obsession and move on with my life, but in the words of Rose, “I will never let go, I promise.”

When I first heard that the film was going to be made into 3D, I was furious. Why would you mess with a masterpiece? There was really no reason behind re-releasing the movie in 3D except for the obvious financial boost.

After about a three week period of angrily ranting to my peers about how my favorite movie is now ruined, I began to second-guess myself. I said to myself, well, it’s in 3D now, maybe they’ll see the iceberg. So I decided to give it a shot — I bought myself that $12 ticket, put on those ridiculous-looking glasses and prepared to have my mind blown. Three hours and 15 minutes later, I walked out of the theater with tears running down my cheeks and a smile across my face.

Titanic 3D was the first three-dimensional movie I’d seen in about five years, and I forgot how awesome they are. The first thing that really popped out at me was the amount of detail they put into making the new version look like it had originally been shot with 3D cameras. I have yet to wrap my mind around how they did it, but they did, and pulled it off flawlessly.

In the opening scene the floating particles in the water as the submarine made its way to the 100-year old ship flew by my face faster than I could process them. By the first playing of Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” the tears had already started flowing, not just by me, but by the entire theater full on Titanic fanatics.

I would strongly recommend seeing the original version of the movie before you see the 3D version just so you can see just how much better the 3D version is. I truly felt like I was onboard (and overboard) with the awkwardly over-affectionate couple of Jack and Rose.