The final countdown

Photo+by+Nick+Kahtava+
Photo by Nick Kahtava

Photo by Nick Kahtava

Photo by Nick Kahtava

Gymnastics – The gymnastics team will finish up this weekend at the Kansas State Championships in Newton, KS The gymnasts competing are Celeste Gordon, Samantha MacAuley, Ellen Schnacker, Taylor Moore, Zoe Kopp, and Leah Steinacker.  

Cross County – The boys and girls cross country teams have one more meet before the state tournament. The state qualifier will begin at 10 a.m. this Saturday at Haskell University in Lawrence, Kansas. The top three teams from the meet will qualify for state.

Girls Volleyball – The volleyball team has finished the regular season and will compete in the sub-state tournament. The team is seeded at the bottom of the tournament and will play Olathe East in its first round match. If the team wins that matchup against Olathe East, they will play the winner of Blue Valley West and Lawrence.  The winner will move on to the state tournament. The sub-state tournament will be played at Lawrence High School

Boys Soccer – The boys soccer team has had a strong season and their regular season will conclude  October 22 against Olathe South at Shawnee Mission Soccer Complex. Regional play will begin October 26 and last till October 31. The state tournament will begin on Nov. 6.

Football – The Cougars have two games remaining in the season.They will play Blue Valley North (6-1) at DAC-Switzer at 7:05 p.m Thursday. Their last game of the year will also be the football Senior Night as they play SM South (0-7) October 30 at SM North Stadium.

DAC-Switzer (Blue Valley District Athletic Complex 13400 Switzer Rd (135th & Switzer)Overland Park, KS 66213)Star-DAC- Switzer Complex

Star and Red Dot- Shawnee Mission Soccer Complex