Influential Seniors: Anna King

Influential Seniors: Anna King

Photos by Mikala Compton

PGlmcmFtZSB3aWR0aD0iNTYwIiBoZWlnaHQ9IjMxNSIgc3JjPSJodHRwOi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL2VtYmVkLzlFQzVZVUZhZG5vIiBmcmFtZWJvcmRlcj0iMCIgYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuPjwvaWZyYW1lPg==

Video by Aaron Messick and Davis Millard

Anna King

Next year’s plan: Attending an undecided college to study international relations or political science

Career plans: Politician or leader of a non-profit organization.

NW Activities include: Basketball, AP Program

What have you learned from playing basketball at Northwest?

I think that I’ve learned several things from it. First of all, the sense of the word “family,” outside of your actual family members. Because these four years up here have been amazing as far as my team, and for example, had we done awful this year, I would have still loved playing because I was playing with great people who want to be there and have total respect for each other. And, I guess, through not playing last year, I learned a lot perseverance and endurance, like you just have to wait and keep working, and the reward will come eventually.

What’s the most important lesson that you’ve learned in high school?

The biggest lesson that I have learned is to get involved with what you like, and never hesitate to talk to different people and to ask questions and to do different things.”

What have you done in high school that you are most proud of?

I think what I’m most proud of is coming back from my ACL tear. And the other thing that I’m proud of is being able to play two varsity sports and keep up with my school work and my grades because I did work hard to do that, and I’m really happy that I was able to do so.

You were voted as one of the top most influential seniors in the class. Who influences you?

Coach Dickson has been a big influence just because he is an amazing coach and just gives so much time and energy, and it just makes you want to put that much time and energy back into what he is doing, just to match him.

How do you think that high school has prepared you for the future?

High school has prepared me for the future by giving me different experiences and putting me in different settings. Like, for example, with group projects, you’re not always going to get to be with the people you want, so you have to work with other people, and that’s a little bit like life. And, like in life, high school has thrown different things at me, like tearing my ACL and things like that, that I can’t prepare for, and you just have to figure them out.

If you had the chance to say one final thing to the Class of 2013, what would your final words be?

I think I would just thank everyone for the great journey that we’ve been on together for the past four years, and wish everyone luck in the future, where ever they go, that they are happy and successful.

Interviews by Ashlee Crane and Sarah Egger